Shakeology – The Right Way
Given the choice between a blender and a shaker cup, always blend.
Here’s the other 7:
- Some type of milk is always better than water. Regular milk, almond milk, rice milk, etc. Always better for taste and consistency.
- Ice is your friend. Always try to make it colder than fridge temp by adding ice. For a normal shake, about 3 cubes will do. To make it thicker when blended, you can use as much as 6 or more. The more ice the more shake-like the experienced when blended.
- NEVER let it sit. It does not work well when premade.
- Bananas are your friend. Every flavor goes better with 1/2 a banana because it adds an extra creaminess to it. Pro Tip – 1/4 of an Avocado works great too and you can’t taste it. Bonus – you are adding healthy fats into the mix.
- When your fruit starts to turn, freeze it. Frozen strawberries, rasberries, bananas etc are a great add in. Be sure to lessen the amount of ice though.
- Wildcards. You choose. Have some fun but be sure to not make it a calorie bomb by going too wild.
- Meal Replacement vs. Nutrition add in. If you are looking to loose a decent amount of weight, consider using it as a meal replacement. If you have never eaten breakfast, perfect time to start with a ShakeO. Not looking to lose? Use it as a nutrition enhancer. That is what I currently use it for. The American diet, no matter how good you are, is like Swiss Cheese – full of holes. ShakeO fills those holes with quality superfood nutrition.
Not sure what recipe will be your perfect glass of Shakeology® Check out this page with tons of recipes for each flavor and find your soulmate shake:
My (current) favorite is the CHOCOLATE BANANA BUTTER
- 1 scoop Chocolate or Chocolate Vegan Shakeology
- 1 cup water or unsweetened almond milk
- 1 Medium Banana
- 1 Tbsp all natural peanut butter or almond butter.